Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Lose a stone for summer

Diamond123 Offline
Diamond Moderator

Bicurious
Male

Lose a stone for summer

So here it is, the 2019 thread to try to shift some of that excess weight to look buff and trim for those skimpy swimming costumes come summer

If you don't try it how do you know you don't like it?
29 Dec 2018 11:43
Find Posts
yurigagarin Online
Indefinable !!

Straight
Male

RE: Lose a stone for summer

To offer a little inspiration for this new thread ( and for a bit of fun reading!) allow
me to re-post something you may not have read before !

"Following on from the notion that an orgasm burns 200 calories, I've found some alternatives you may want to consider:

Unusual ways to burn 500 calories

Don't fancy joining a gym or jogging round the park? There are plenty more ways to burn 500 calories – and losing weight isn't the only benefit you'll see.

Clean the house for two hours

A two-hour cleaning blitz can help you shed up to 600 calories, according to recent research by the Good Housekeeping Institute.

The most effective task? Forty minutes of dusting burns off nearly 200 calories, while 20 minutes of vacuuming or mopping sees off a further 100. The added benefit? You'll have a squeaky-clean house at the end of it, obviously.

Ride a horse for two hours

Riding a horse at a walk, trot or canter can burn up to 500 calories in a couple of hours. You'll also experience the mood-lifting benefits of being outdoors and interacting with nature. More than 80 per cent of regular riders say their hobby makes them feel 'quite a lot' or 'extremely' cheerful, relaxed, happy or active, University of Brighton researchers have found.

Get gardening for an hour or so

Tackle that heavy landscaping work and you'll have burned off at least 500 calories after an hour.

Raking and bagging leaves for just over an hour will burn off a similar amount. Or you could spend two hours digging, shovelling or mowing the lawn.

As well as having a tidy garden at the end of it, you'll improve your mental health, brain function and hand dexterity, says a recent study by the American Society for Horticultural Science.

Spend the afternoon shopping

You'll have burned off around 500 calories after three hours of walking round the shops at a leisurely pace – but you can boost that amount by using the stairs instead of the lift or walking up the escalator. Then you can treat yourself to a new pair of shoes.

Try belly-dancing for two hours

As well as burning off at least 500 calories, you'll have toned your stomach, given your confidence a boost, had fun and probably made new friends.

Belly-dancing not for you? You'll get similar benefits from other dance forms. A 30-minute street, swing or contemporary dance class burns more calories than running, cycling or swimming, according to a University of Brighton study.

Have a five-hour-long kiss

Kissing can burn up to 100 calories per hour. You might have sore lips by the time you've hit 500 calories – but you'll have released a wealth of stress-busting hormones and given your facial muscles a good workout, too.

Go kayaking or canoeing for 90 minutes

It may not an activity you've considered before – but paddling is a low-impact exercise that's suitable for all ages. Aside from burning calories, you'll boost your upper body strength, cardiovascular fitness and mental health.

In an Australian study, people who'd completed a 12-week kayaking course experienced enhanced feelings of self-worth, confidence and adequacy.

Go bowling for two hours

A couple of hours spent crown green or ten pin bowling will burn around 500 calories – as well as give you a low-impact, full-body workout and improve your hand-eye coordination. Try crown green bowling and you'll also make new friends and reap the benefits of exercising in the open air, of course. 

Do the ironing for four hours

Yes, it's dull –  but there are benefits. You can catch up on your favourite TV show while you're doing it. And surely there'll be nothing left to iron by the time you've finished

Any more suggestions folks ??"

'There are no strangers on this forum, just sexy friends you have yet to chat with '
29 Dec 2018 12:09
Find Posts
Voshigirl Offline
supersensual member lol

Bicurious
Female

Yes I really have to do something this year.

Please read my BIO.
29 Dec 2018 13:30
Find Posts
Diamond123 Offline
Diamond Moderator

Bicurious
Male

Every little helps Voshi. I definitely need to get some weight off this year

29 Dec 2018 15:31
Find Posts
Diamond123 Offline
Diamond Moderator

Bicurious
Male

Weighed myself just now. The scales said "one at a time please"

Mind you I've also been for a mile run (and am suffering for it!)

29 Dec 2018 19:22
Find Posts
Wolfman Offline
Lovable old wolfie!

Straight
Male

Am all over this one!
01 Jan 2019 22:40
Find Posts
Diamond123 Offline
Diamond Moderator

Bicurious
Male

Glad to have you aboatd

02 Jan 2019 07:07
Find Posts
yurigagarin Online
Indefinable !!

Straight
Male

It's my first weigh in of the year tomorrow - not feeling too optimistic tbh 

I did okay over Christmas, but since then I must confess I've been a little 
wayward.

Still, what's done is done - time to get back to healthy eating !

'There are no strangers on this forum, just sexy friends you have yet to chat with '
02 Jan 2019 11:05
Find Posts
yurigagarin Online
Indefinable !!

Straight
Male

(29 Dec 2018 11:43)Diamond123 Wrote:  So here it is, the 2019 thread to try to shift some of that excess weight to look buff and trim for those skimpy swimming costumes come summer

Totally agree Diamond - Time to strut our stuff on the beach again !

02 Jan 2019 11:25
Find Posts
Diamond123 Offline
Diamond Moderator

Bicurious
Male

Where do you keep finding these pictures of me?

02 Jan 2019 13:48
Find Posts
Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)