Welcome to UK Sex Forum, Guest! Log In or Sign Up For A FREE Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Is your sex life getting better or worse with age?

Topper Offline
Smut Peddler & Moderator

Straight
Male

Is your sex life getting better or worse with age?

I'm no spring chicken any more, but in some ways I think that sex is definitely better in many ways when you have a few years under your belt (so to speak).

When I was in my late teens / early twenties, there was no stopping me in terms of libido, but looking back perhaps I didn't make the best use of all the enthusiasm. Now, things are a little more difficult to get going, but overall very much more interesting thanks to all the great advice we now have access to (thanks internet) as well as sex toys and perhaps just being more comfortable with talking about sex in general.

Getting old is a bit of a worry though – I sometimes wonder where my next erection is coming from Confused
05 Jul 2013 12:09
Find Posts Reply
Wolfman Offline
Lovable old wolfie!

Straight
Male

RE: Is your sex life getting better or worse with age?

My early 30's were the best time I felt I was at my best!

I was quite shy and awkward in my teens and early 20's a late developer lol

I'm 37 and have sufferered from stage fright on occasion, which is a major blow to a blokes pride and confidence..

Thankfully the doc, has on occasion giving me a helping hand (not literally!) in tablet form Wink
05 Jul 2013 16:38
Find Posts Reply
Topper Offline
Smut Peddler & Moderator

Straight
Male

My problems have been psychological / stress related, so the pills didn't work for me. Things are a lot better over the last 3 months though and I'm almost back where I should be.
05 Jul 2013 16:49
Find Posts Reply
Wolfman Offline
Lovable old wolfie!

Straight
Male

I'm glad to here it old buddy

My wee little problem is probably down too, 1)being too fat! 2) drinking too much & 3) being a lazy ass!
05 Jul 2013 16:51
Find Posts Reply
Kilnacran Offline

Bicurious
Male

SEX!!! - Wasted on the young?
06 Jul 2013 22:03
Find Posts Reply
Mary Tales Offline

Bicurious
Male

I'm single again, so- worse Sad (for the time being).

Mary Tales ebooks at Amazon UK / Mary Tales ebooks at Smashwords
08 Jul 2013 08:14
Website Find Posts Reply
PerkyPat Offline

Straight
Female

I agree Kilnacran, sex as well as youth, is wasted on the young. You just don't appreciate the stamina you have when you are a teenager.

For me though it has got better as I get older, I know what I want more and I'm not too shy to ask for it. I have been with my partner for many years and I think that if you really work at it, try lots of different things and don't get stuck in a rut, sex just gets better and better.
08 Jul 2013 09:51
Find Posts Reply
BDSM Offline

Straight
Female

In my 40s now and my sex life is the best it has ever been.
Less quantity than in my younger days, but the quality is in a different league.
I feel comfortable, confident and sexy, and the intimacy we have allows so much more experimentation.
08 Jul 2013 10:42
Find Posts Reply
Jonboy Offline

Bicurious
Male

(08 Jul 2013 10:42)BDSM Wrote:  In my 40s now and my sex life is the best it has ever been.
Less quantity than in my younger days, but the quality is in a different league.
I feel comfortable, confident and sexy, and the intimacy we have allows so much more experimentation.

Aye, I agree, the older I get, the more in control I feel, and the intimacy is way up there. Trying things now that I never would have dared. Now if only I could keep up with the quantity part.
08 Jul 2013 10:54
Find Posts Reply
mamasunshine Offline

Straight
Female

I agree totally - I have discovered mysefl sexually since I turned 50 and am having a ball - never knew I could have so much fun with no clothes on;0) My other half and I love to escape the family and go for long weekends alone in remote places now and we are certainly far more intimate and likely to experiment than we would have done 20 years ago ;0) (The kids think we are totally embarrassing mind you - we just tell them they are very lucky to have loved up parents ;0)
09 Jul 2013 10:47
Find Posts Reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)