Welcome to UK Sex Forum, Guest! Log In or Sign Up For A FREE Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Contraception App Ladies??? Question 

Harley Offline

Straight
Female

Contraception App Ladies???

Has anyone tried the natural cycles app?

https://www.naturalcycles.com/en

After trying for and having a baby I realised how much the pill has messed with my hormones for a fair whack of my life.

I need to find an alternative form of contraception and the app above is the first certified contraception of its kind. It costs to sign up to but I'm going to see if it's at all possible to get it on the NHS (I'm not sure what the alternatives cost so it might be worth an ask and work out cheaper?).

I just don't think any of the others really appeal to me. I'm using condoms atm but I much prefer sex without. If I can, I want to avoid anything that alters the natural balance (pills, injections and implants) but I've heard the coil is savage and am pretty dubious about that cup thingy (also looks like a bit of a mood killer!).

The app works based on your cycle. You take your temperature same time every morning to confirm where you're at in your cycle. As I understand it, it then tells you when you red days are, basically when to avoid unprotected sex at all costs! The success rate looks very good but it just seems like a risky thing to take a punt on!

So what's everyone's thoughts and suggestions and is there even anyone that's tried something similar???

'Sex is an emotion in motion.' - Mae West 
12 Jun 2017 09:05
Find Posts Reply
Voshigirl Offline
supersensual member lol

Bicurious
Female

RE: Contraception App Ladies???

I am not sure I would trust it. I've never been on any contraception, my hormones are a mess anyway. We used condoms then had 3 years of unsuccessful baby making, after two kids hubby had vasectomy.

Please read my BIO.
12 Jun 2017 16:33
Find Posts Reply
Jb6969 Offline

Straight
Male

I'm booked in for the snip so the Mrs can ditch the injections n all that. She's stopped them now and just using condoms until i say goodbye to Dave n Billy. (Joking, i haven't really named them!)

I'd say the app route is a very risky one, but then you could argue a lot of Catholics will have been doing the same for years just without the app party.

But... My Grandma had 6 kids so errrrr.
12 Jun 2017 16:41
Find Posts Reply
Voshigirl Offline
supersensual member lol

Bicurious
Female

That's why there's a lot of Catholics.

She can pickle your bollux and keep them on the mantelshelf lol

Please read my BIO.
12 Jun 2017 16:45
Find Posts Reply
Harley Offline

Straight
Female

I know Voshi, it does sound a little too good to be true and the consequences aren't worth the risk right now! I just hoped someone might have tried it.

Vasectomy isn't an option right now for the OH, I wouldn't even ask. I just hoped there might be something I hadn't considered.....

Crap maybe it will have to be the coil or something

'Sex is an emotion in motion.' - Mae West 
12 Jun 2017 20:53
Find Posts Reply
Berkscountryboy Offline

Straight
Male

(12 Jun 2017 16:45) Voshigirl Wrote:  That's why there's a lot of Catholics.

She can pickle your bollux and keep them on the mantelshelf lol

This is why I believe that Catholics invented the saying up the bum no harm done 
12 Jun 2017 22:05
Find Posts Reply
Bigeric11 Offline

Straight
Male

A vasectomy is the best form of contraception had one 10 years ago and never looked back get hard at the thought of any girl
02 Jul 2017 20:27
Find Posts Reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)