Welcome to UK Sex Forum, Guest! Log In or Sign Up For A FREE Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Part 2 of showing my respect to my Sir

Sin Offline

Straight
Female

Part 2 of showing my respect to my Sir

Punishment is another aspect of D/s life, a rather unpleasant one but one that I feel is crucial to the dynamic.

When Sir and I first got together we agreed on the protocols and rules that I would follow. One of which were the punishments.

Any form of punishment to me is upsetting as I have let both my Dominant and myself down.

Punishment comes when there are consequences set for the submissive when he/she displeases the Dominant, breaks a rule, and/or misbehaves.

First off punishment is not to be confused with S&M play. S&M is for “enjoyment” – by definition, “play” is typically enjoyed by one or both parties. Therefore if punishments are consequences of violating rules or otherwise displeasing the submissive’s Dominant, then punishment should be cold, to the point, and not enjoyable by the submissive. In most cases the Dominant will not enjoy it either. It is the Dominant’s wish that their submissive would have obeyed. Conversely a Dominant should not abuse the philosophy behind what a punishment is and what it represents. If the Dominant wants to play, then play, but don’t make up something to punish the submissive. A Dominant, who uses punishments as a way to play S&M, is likely to cause the submissive even more stress and confusion.
Punishment is something the submissive should want to avoid. There are many that believe a submissive will “purposely” act out to get punished. There are several different reasons why a submissive may act out on purpose.

A punishment should clearly identify what was done wrong, what can be done to correct it, and why the infraction displeased the Dominant. The Master/Mistress should clearly identify the means in which the punishment is to be carried out, then it should be handled as soon as possible. If the punishment is too soft, it might not help the submissive learn from the infraction and might create confusion. If the punishment is too hard, the submissive might become fearful and resentful of the Dominant.

Once a punishment is carried out, a Dominant should not carry it over, nor should the submissive keep kicking himself or herself in the butt. A punishment is a sense of closure for both the Dominant and the submissive and should be embraced as such.

The mindset of a submissive that is being punished goes very deep and expansive. A Master or Mistress chooses things that a submissive will not like. Even if they pick out a favorite toy to use on a submissive, in most cases, the session will not be enjoyed because the mindset associated with being punished. When submissives are being punished, it’s because they have done something wrong. That alone can be punishment, but when used in conjunction with an act, an implement, or whatever other means – the act in and of itself is not enjoyed. The totality of the episode remains until the Dominant is satisfied to the point of absolution. Then he/she and the submissive can move forward.

When Sir punishes me I am grateful for the closure as His disappointment hurts me more than punishment itself. It is a catalyst for improvement.

This is my life as a submissive.

Sin ❤️
01 Feb 2017 20:44
Find Posts Reply
Hovis Offline
Super Moderator

Straight
Male

RE: Part 2 of showing my respect to my Sir

That is extremely insightful, thank you.

Time to leap to http://www.uksf2.co.uk
01 Feb 2017 20:53
Find Posts Reply
Broken Halo Offline

Bicurious
Female

I enjoyed reading that - thank you sin xx
01 Feb 2017 21:14
Find Posts Reply
Sin Offline

Straight
Female

(01 Feb 2017 21:14)Broken Halo Wrote:  I enjoyed reading that - thank you sin xx

Thank you for taking the time to read it, I'm glad you enjoyed it xx

Sin ❤️
01 Feb 2017 21:18
Find Posts Reply
bumblebee Offline
Queen Bee

Bisexual
Female

This is something I've explained to people so often. Punishment and 'funishment' get confused far too easily!
01 Feb 2017 21:26
Find Posts Reply
Sin Offline

Straight
Female

(01 Feb 2017 21:26)bumblebee Wrote:  This is something I've explained to people so often. Punishment and 'funishment' get confused far too easily!

Yes, on Twitter I saw it all the time. ❤️

Sin ❤️
01 Feb 2017 21:29
Find Posts Reply
bumblebee Offline
Queen Bee

Bisexual
Female

If I want to be hit, I'll just ask for it :')
01 Feb 2017 21:30
Find Posts Reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)