Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

BDSM - Roles Explained

Topper Offline
Smut Peddler & Moderator

Straight
Male

BDSM - Roles Explained

If you are new to the BDSM scene, you may find various roles mentioned. These can be quite confusing but this helpful guide should come in handy. It's not really feasible to provide all the nuances of a particular role, but it should give you some idea.
  • Age Player - A role player who may act as if they were a different age (often younger) as part of a power dynamic.
  • Babygirl - A female who identifies as or role plays as a young girl. Sometimes used as a nick name for a female submissive.
  • Brat - A submissive who enjoys being disobedient to their Dominant, often to encourage discipline.
  • Bottom - A person who is not necessarily submissive, but is allowing a Top to direct them for the purpose receiving pain/pleasure and giving pleasure to the Top during a scene.
  • Daddy - A role-play father who will often be Dominant usually to a Babygirl or Age Player.
  • Dominant - The person taking charge of a submissive. A good Dominant should be both responsible and competent and be aware of the safety of those in his or her charge. Typically a Dominant will use their role to command, deny or administer punishment and pleasure.
  • Domme - A female Dominant. Sometimes called a Dominatrix.
  • Fetishist - Someone who enjoys enhanced gratification from one or more things, eg a physical object, appearance or situation.
  • Hedonist - Someone who is devoted to enjoyment, pleasure and self gratification.
  • Kinkster - Someone who participates in Kinky activities.
  • Masochist - A person who enjoys receiving physical pain. Usually, but not always for sexual gratification.
  • Master - The dominant male in a Master/Slave situation.
  • Mistress - The dominant female in a Master/Slave situation.
  • Pet - A pet is usually someone in a submissive/slave/bottom role and is considered to be living property and treated as such at the whim of their Dominant. Can also denote someone who 'plays' as an animal.
  • Primal - A very difficult concept to describe... A person who gives in to animal instincts and emotions, is happy to struggle for dominance physically and mentally and may enjoy fighting, biting and scratching, growling and smelling a partner.
  • Sadist - A person whose enjoyment comes from causing physical pain to another, not necessarily for sexual gratification.
  • Sadomasochist - A person who enjoys both giving and receiving physical pain.
  • Slave - The submissive person in a Master/Slave situation. The slave may serve a Master/Mistress in situations which range beyond a BDSM scene into everyday life.
  • Submissive - A person who will willingly submit themselves to the control (physical, psychological or both) of a Dominant within agreed limits.
  • Switch - A person who enjoys switching between dominant, submissive or other roles depending on their preference at the time. Some switches simply alternate between Top and Bottom roles without the exchange of power associated with Dominance and Submission.
  • Top - Not necessarily a Dominant, but a person taking control of a BDSM scene and administering physical punishment/pleasure.
  • Vanilla - A person with no BDSM or Fetish inclinations or who does not act upon them.

Jeez, did you see that head come apart?
(This post was last modified: 13 Aug 2013 15:11 by Topper.)
13 Aug 2013 14:52
Find Posts Reply
Mrs Topper Offline

Straight
Female

RE: BDSM - Roles Explained

I guess I'm a hedonist, in search of pleasure for myself and providing it for Mr T. Also a switch.
13 Aug 2013 16:32
Find Posts Reply
Wolfman Offline
Lovable old wolfie!

Straight
Male

Fetishist, Kinkster & Switch best describe old Wolfie..
13 Aug 2013 18:58
Find Posts Reply
Flew Offline

Straight
Female

Can I be a Sub and a Hedonist?
08 May 2015 13:37
Find Posts Reply
RampantHorse Offline

Straight
Male

Must we fulfil a role to become accepted into a "scene", or can we just be who we are and enjoy whatever we do ?
08 May 2015 23:48
Find Posts Reply
Topper Offline
Smut Peddler & Moderator

Straight
Male

I don't think anyone has to fulfil a particular role, although most people on the scene seem to want to categorise themselves to a degree. I guess if you are particularly single-minded in your approach it makes sense to class yourself as one particular thing.

Personally, I am mainly a hedonist, but definitely have submissive tendencies and on occasion, domly.

Jeez, did you see that head come apart?
13 May 2015 10:35
Find Posts Reply
bumblebee Offline
Queen Bee

Bisexual
Female

I think it can be difficult to put yourself in one category. For me, I'm mostly little/middle and sub, occasionally with dom thoughts, but not often... I'm kinda bratty too, but it's just playful Wink
13 May 2015 11:05
Find Posts Reply
Wolfman Offline
Lovable old wolfie!

Straight
Male

Brats get playfully spanked Big Grin

But then again, Wolves get waxed!
13 May 2015 19:51
Find Posts Reply
PinkLipstick92 Offline
Oinkie the Awesome Mod

Bicurious
Female

One day the Wolfie WILL be waxed haha.

I don't think anyone will fit into ONE category, but they will have one category that relates to them more than the others.
My little/middle takes a higher priority than my masochist side. But I am submissive in all aspects of my life so I technically probably belong in that "category" Personally I looooooooove labels, it makes things easier for me personally. But if it's not your thing don't sweat it Smile

As many people on the scene are fond of saying "labels are for soup cans"

Heart His Little Girl Heart
13 May 2015 21:29
Find Posts Reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)