UK Sex Forum
How serious are you about your D/s role? - Printable Version

+- UK Sex Forum (http://www.uksexforum.co.uk/community)
+-- Forum: BDSM, Spanking & Fetish Forums (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Dominance and Submission (/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: How serious are you about your D/s role? (/thread-498.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

How serious are you about your D/s role? - Topper - 23 Sep 2013 15:00

There seem to be quite a few people who take the business of being a dominant or submissive very seriously and others who have a much more easygoing approach. I spoke to several people yesterday at our local fetish club and the majority said they don't take things too seriously.

One example given was of a submissive who, being out on their own, had to continually text their dom for permission to do anything from have a drink to going to the toilet.

Do you take your role to the extremes, or are do you have a more practical approach?

RE: How serious are you about your D/s role? - PinkLipstick92 - 23 Sep 2013 17:18

I take it seriously, as I believe it deserves it. We are inbetween 'when we can' and '24/7' leaning toward 24/7 even though we dont live together.
We arent extreme like the example you mentioned, and that sounds like a Slave role rather than a Sub (to me)
But I will receive a morning Command, telling me what panties to wear for the day. If I want to cum I must ask.permission first and if I dont I will be Punished.
So whilst I attempted this as a bedroom only thing with the ex (didnt happen) I can see so much more benefit for taking it out of the bedroom like we have now.
I always have the option to take our Restraints off and just be his regular girlfriend whenever I like, I just choose not to. It has been so liberating to throw myself into my "role" fully and it calms Daddys mind to have the control over me and the relationship (he has a complicated life and the need to control something is strong, I am honoured to be able to provide that bit of control and that bit of peace to him)
Oops went a bit offtopic. Sorry!

RE: How serious are you about your D/s role? - Mistress bunny - 23 Sep 2013 19:18

Me and Mr bunny not to serious at the moment. Tend to switch. However I researching more to enhance my dom side.

RE: How serious are you about your D/s role? - thetourist - 23 Sep 2013 19:54

(23 Sep 2013 17:18) PinkLipstick92 Wrote:  I take it seriously, as I believe it deserves it. We are inbetween 'when we can' and '24/7' leaning toward 24/7 even though we dont live together.
We arent extreme like the example you mentioned, and that sounds like a Slave role rather than a Sub (to me)
But I will receive a morning Command, telling me what panties to wear for the day. If I want to cum I must ask.permission first and if I dont I will be Punished.
So whilst I attempted this as a bedroom only thing with the ex (didnt happen) I can see so much more benefit for taking it out of the bedroom like we have now.
I always have the option to take our Restraints off and just be his regular girlfriend whenever I like, I just choose not to. It has been so liberating to throw myself into my "role" fully and it calms Daddys mind to have the control over me and the relationship (he has a complicated life and the need to control something is strong, I am honoured to be able to provide that bit of control and that bit of peace to him)
Oops went a bit offtopic. Sorry!
Does he allow you to talk freely on here? Or is he not aware of it?

RE: How serious are you about your D/s role? - PinkLipstick92 - 23 Sep 2013 20:00

He knows Im on here.
He doesnt care or interfere with this or my FL as He knows I joined both sites to learn and to chat to people like me.
He knows I wont tolerate people chatting me up, or anyone that makes me uncomfortable.
I talk to him about the things I find interesting, but as some of the Qs I ask are about Him, He stays away as He knows I want to get other peoples views before trying to talk to Him about whatever the topic is Smile

RE: How serious are you about your D/s role? - This Is Me - 24 Sep 2013 01:04

(23 Sep 2013 15:00)Topper Wrote:  There seem to be quite a few people who take the business of being a dominant or submissive very seriously and others who have a much more easygoing approach. I spoke to several people yesterday at our local fetish club and the majority said they don't take things too seriously.

One example given was of a submissive who, being out on their own, had to continually text their dom for permission to do anything from have a drink to going to the toilet.

Do you take your role to the extremes, or are do you have a more practical approach?

The submissive you described sounds like she is micromanaged.  Some are into that, I am not.

I take who I am very seriously.  It IS intrinsic to my personality.

RE: How serious are you about your D/s role? - Mrs Topper - 24 Sep 2013 18:22

For me 24/7 is impossible, when it's playtime anything goes, but at the end of the day it all needs to even out, so switching is important.

RE: How serious are you about your D/s role? - twigwamp - 30 Dec 2013 19:13

I would love to find a Dominant person who can conquer the mind and therefore control the body. Wishy washy Dominance is out there in abundance. It takes a long time to be comfortable with ones submissive side or Dominant side. Coping with the first hurdle and accepting will lead to 24/7 eventually given time. Time is what some people dont have and therefore rush to get TPE

RE: How serious are you about your D/s role? - twigwamp - 30 Dec 2013 20:37

(30 Dec 2013 19:13)twigwamp Wrote:  I would love to find a Dominant person who can conquer the mind and therefore control the body. Wishy washy Dominance is out there in abundance. It takes a long time to be comfortable with ones submissive side or Dominant side. Coping with the first hurdle and accepting will lead to 24/7 eventually given time. Time is what some people dont have and therefore rush to get TPE
I am  very serious about D/s and dont hide it behind a vanilla sexual exchange, I dont mingle the two either they are two seperate things. Not every partner is into D/s so should they be cast away as not the one . Not everyone is needing vanilla so does the same apply cast them away.
When you first meet someone you dont decide that minute this is it ...marriage life forever...you grow into it learn accept and grow together sometimes it works for years and then goes sour.

RE: How serious are you about your D/s role? - chunkydom - 30 Dec 2013 22:03

Ours is pragmatic ...... Two teenage kids doesn't lend itself to 24 / 7 but the undercurrent is there. Even when not in scene.......one look is all I need to give for fun later.