UK Sex Forum
Question What's the difference between a preference and a fetish ? - Printable Version

+- UK Sex Forum (http://www.uksexforum.co.uk/community)
+-- Forum: Sex Forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Sex Chat (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Question What's the difference between a preference and a fetish ? (/thread-4922.html)

What's the difference between a preference and a fetish ? - yurigagarin - 13 May 2019 22:30

Whilst quietly browsing on the forum the other day I got to thinking what exactly is the 
difference between a preference and a fetish ?
I not really sure about this one, so I thought I'd ask the question of you guys.
At what point does one turn into the other ?
Or maybe they're both the same ?

What do you guys think ?? 

RE: What's the difference between a preference and a fetish ? - Diamond123 - 14 May 2019 07:19

Good question

I would say a preference is a 'nice to have' but ultimately isn't a real factor in determining who you have sex with or what you do

A fetish is deeper, something that is more on the level of a perceived need. Although it wouldn't stop you having sex if it wasn't going to involve the fetish, it would very much be a reason to choose someone if they were going to indulge your fetish

RE: What's the difference between a preference and a fetish ? - yurigagarin - 14 May 2019 08:19

To my mind perhaps this has all to do with levels of intensity.

'I love all females, but I do like blondes best' is to me a preference

' I can only orgasm when she's wearing her leather corset and boots ' sounds much more like a fetish.

RE: What's the difference between a preference and a fetish ? - Diamond123 - 14 May 2019 09:56

There's definitely a point where one changes to the other, and that goes both ways. Certainly over time ones sexual preferences change