UK Sex Forum
The UKSF F1 Club - Printable Version

+- UK Sex Forum (http://www.uksexforum.co.uk/community)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forum-17.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: The UKSF F1 Club (/thread-4849.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The UKSF F1 Club - Diamond123 - 18 Feb 2019 19:26

As testing has started before the start of the season, I've decided to start a thread for those of us who follow Formula One

As with any sport it can stir up passion so let's keep it civil and on topic please. Any negative posts are likely to be deleted

RE: The UKSF F1 Club - Diamond123 - 18 Feb 2019 20:07

After day one of the first test, Vettel is fastest with Sainz perhaps a surprise second.

With new rules, new driver line ups and Williams maybe missing the first practice altogether there's plenty to talk about already

RE: The UKSF F1 Club - yurigagarin - 18 Feb 2019 21:14

There seems to be an awful lot of sandbagging going on  at present, because I think
most teams are not showing exactly what their 2019 cars are capable of
( apart from Vettel , whom I supect set the fastest time just to make his Ferrari look good !)

Personally I'm rather looking forward to seeing what Charles Leclerc can achieve now that
he's finally found a seat in a front running team.  

There seems to be an awful lot of sandbagging going on  at present, because I think
most teams are not showing exactly what their 2019 cars are capable of
( apart from Vettel , whom I supect set the fastest time just to make his Ferrari look good !)

Personally I'm rather looking forward to seeing what Charles Leclerc can achieve now that
he's finally found a seat in a front running team.  

RE: The UKSF F1 Club - Diamond123 - 18 Feb 2019 22:00

Testing is always questionable because you never know what fuel or configuration teams are running. They don't have to be scrutineered either so can run underweight. Cetainly the first day most wouldn't be pushing the engines hard

It will be interesting to see how Leclerc measures up although Ferrari have already said they would compromise his race for Vettel if required

RE: The UKSF F1 Club - yurigagarin - 18 Feb 2019 22:15

Well you can always rely on Max Verstappen to liven things up a little

( If his Honda engine proves to be reliable ! )

RE: The UKSF F1 Club - Diamond123 - 19 Feb 2019 07:12

Reliability could be key for both Honda and Renault. They say they've made progress in both power and reliability over the winter. But they always say that

Although there weren't too many problems in testing yesterday

RE: The UKSF F1 Club - Diamond123 - 19 Feb 2019 19:09

Second day of testing done. Leclerc fastest only a tenth away from Vettels time, although of course there's no way of knowing if the cars were comparable. Also second fastest was the McLaren again, thus time with rookie Lando Norris driving. Just maybe that car has potential?

Still no Williams although the car is due to be shipped overnight and then the mechanics will need to work hard to get it ready to run tomorrow

RE: The UKSF F1 Club - yurigagarin - 19 Feb 2019 20:49

(19 Feb 2019 19:09)Diamond123 Wrote:  Second day of testing done. Leclerc fastest only a tenth away from Vettels time, although of course there's no way of knowing if the cars were comparable. Also second fastest was the McLaren again, thus time with rookie Lando Norris driving. Just maybe that car has potential?

Still no Williams although the car is due to be shipped overnight and then the mechanics will need to work hard to get it ready to run tomorrow

Lewis Hamilton 1.7 seconds slower than Leclerc in the Ferrari ??

I get the distinct impression that Mercedes may be hiding something.
It wouldn't be the first time they've done it tbh.

RE: The UKSF F1 Club - Diamond123 - 19 Feb 2019 22:17

Mercedes never turn the engine all the way up in testing. I think they are more interested in working out how the tyres perform start and mid race. They know they have the outright speed of they need it

RE: The UKSF F1 Club - Iamsomoney - 19 Feb 2019 22:18

Didn't Mercedes do the same thing last year at this point. It's probably more important to put laps not the clock rather than a fast time.