UK Sex Forum
Forum Guests and Ghosts - Printable Version

+- UK Sex Forum (http://www.uksexforum.co.uk/community)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forum-17.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Forum Guests and Ghosts (/thread-3417.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Forum Guests and Ghosts - Hovis - 30 May 2017 19:08

Time to bump this one again.

Guests. - Tylermaddison - 22 Sep 2017 11:58

So within the last hour and a half there has been 155 guests on the forum. What can we do to encourage those people to sign up and be a part of the forum? Everyday there seems to be some many looking in from the outside, would be nice to keep seeing more and more new members as it seems there are only 20/30 members that participate on the threads etc. 

RE: Guests. - Red_Velvet - 22 Sep 2017 13:07

Good one. Specific thread for guests to state why they didn't join?

RE: Guests. - Tylermaddison - 22 Sep 2017 13:16

(22 Sep 2017 13:07)Red_Velvet Wrote:  Good one. Specific thread for guests to state why they didn't join?
Possibly, i dont kniw if they can post as a guest or not. Just what can we do to encourage them to join and state that it is private and secure etc

RE: Forum Guests and Ghosts - legsygirl - 22 Sep 2017 18:00

most people that come and have a look at the site are only after one thing! Wink

RE: Forum Guests and Ghosts - Hovis - 22 Sep 2017 18:04

Cast the net wide, keep the best fish, throw the tiddlers back, sort of thing, legsy.

RE: Forum Guests and Ghosts - Harley - 22 Sep 2017 18:26

I think the text in black at the top of the page is a good welcoming point but I noticed it's more prominent on the mobile version.

I don't know if anyone thinks it's a good idea to promote the chatroom on it too if it could be edited at all? It mentions the discussion side (posts I assume) and gallery so maybe a little more could be added to that?

When I personally found this site I assumed it'd be too hardcore for me. I soon discovered that there's all sorts here for all ends of the spectrum so maybe something indicating that too would be helpful for people browsing at a glance?

Just trying to throw some ideas out there!

(Oh and I did just clock the 'over 18' message has a little more info but I hadn't paid much attention to it previously. I just assumed it was a terms and conditions kind if thing and i doubt I'm the only one to do that to just get access to the site!)

But that's the thing, grabbing people long enough to stay is tricky to do with text alone.

RE: Forum Guests and Ghosts - Hovis - 22 Sep 2017 19:37

Moderators cannot edit much beyond what members can do.

All I've come up with so far is bringing this thread to the top now and again. It does feature some good testimonials.

RE: Forum Guests and Ghosts - Harley - 22 Sep 2017 20:33

Ah fair do's! Well yeah hopefully it'll draw their attention at the very least to ask themselves, yeah why not give it a try? Smile

RE: Forum Guests and Ghosts - Running Man - 22 Sep 2017 23:02

(22 Sep 2017 18:04)Hovis Wrote:  Cast the net wide, keep the best fish, throw the tiddlers back, sort of thing, legsy.
Enough with the fishing references Hovis.
You're giving me a haddock.